Earth Hour Quotes Audio File
Are you all set for Earth Hour? Here are some of the best Earth Hour quotes to motivate you to get involved in the movement to save our planet.
Every year, towards the end of March, Earth Hour is being observed to encourage individuals, communities, and businesses to turn off non-essential electric lights from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. as a symbol of commitment to the environment. In 2007, it began as a lights-out event in Sydney, Australia.
However, there is much more to it than simply turning off their lights during Earth Hour. The goal is to do more in the future, and this activity marks the start of your journey to take action by supporting campaigns or launching a movement in your community.
This list of Earth Hour quotes will walk you through the ideas of great environmentalists, leaders, and other people who have shown commitment to preserving our planet.
Best Earth Hour Quotes
1. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” – Gaylord Nelson
2. “There is a great need for the introduction of new values in our society, where bigger is not necessarily better, where slower can be faster, and where less can be more.” – Gaylord Nelson
3. “The wealth of the nation is its air, water, soil, forests, minerals, rivers, lakes, oceans, scenic beauty, wildlife habitats and biodiversity―that’s all there is. That’s the whole economy. That’s where all the economic activity and jobs come from. These biological systems are the sustaining wealth of the world.” – Gaylord Nelson
4. “The intent behind earth hour is not just about turning off lights for an hour; it is to remind us of our responsibility towards environmental conservation.” – Mohith Agadi
5. “If we do not permit the earth to produce beauty and joy, it will in the end not produce food, either.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
6. “If we go on using the earth uncaringly and without replenishing it, then we are just greedy consumers.” – Satish Kumar
7. “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
8. “Earth is not ours, we are earth’s.” – Anamika Mishra
9. “I am not an environmentalist. I am an earth warrior.” – Darryl Cherney
10. “Trees are earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.” – Rabindranath Tagore
11. “There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.” – Marshall Mcluhan
12. “We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – Native American Proverb
13. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “One planet, one experiment.” – Edward O. Wilson
15. “What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?” – Henry David Thoreau
16. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
17. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir
18. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
19. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir
More Earth Hour Quotes to Motivate You to Participate in the Movement
20. “For 200 years we’ve been conquering nature. Now we’re beating it to death.” – Tom Mcmillan
21. “Keep close to nature’s heart―and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
22. “The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.” – Barry Commoner .
23. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of each.” – Henry David Thoreau
24. “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson
25. “The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.” – Ralph Nader
26. “He that plants trees loves others beside himself.” – Thomas Fuller
27. “Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.” – Cree Indian Proverb
28. “Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time.” – Motto of The Baltimore Grotto
29. “Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.” – Aldo Leopold
30. “Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.” – Bill Vaughan
What Earth Hour Quotes Have Had the Most Influence on You?
Our current environmental issues are terrible. Pollution comes in many forms, each of which causes a slew of health issues and diseases, while Climate change alters the topography, weather patterns, and Earth’s natural balance. These have huge effects on its inhabitants.
If we do not take action to protect our planet, the consequences will be unbearable and disastrous. There are many small and simple things that we can all do to help reduce our carbon footprint. We need to act now before it’s too late.
Do you have any Earth Hour quotes you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below.