These excuse quotes collection covers both the benefits and drawbacks of making excuses.
Making excuses can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, they can provide temporary relief from guilt or responsibility, but on the other hand, they can lead to irresponsibility and prevent us from taking ownership of our actions.
These excuse quotes highlight the dangers of using excuses in relationships and encourage us to be accountable for our actions in order to achieve success and reach our goals.
Check the full list here.
Best Excuse Quotes
1. “The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself.” – Henry Ward Beecher
2. “Excuses are used to justify leaving the scene of truth without changing.” – Orrin Woodward
3. “Excuses are the crutches that we use to lean on when we don’t want to try any harder.” – Anonymous
4. “No one will ever blame you for trying to get it right.” – Lorii Myers
5. “Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them, and your foes won’t believe them.” – John Wooden
6. “After a while, excuses lose their worth and their meaning.” – DragoMania
7. “The only real excuse is that you didn’t try.” – Anonymous
8. “An excuse is a skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.” – Anonymous
9. “He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin
10. “Excuse is the tool of the incompetent. A monument of nothingness and those that use it are not wise.” – Paul Adefarasin
11. “Excuses change nothing but make everyone feel better.” – Mason Cooley
12. “An excuse is a way of saying, ‘I don’t want to try’ or ‘I don’t want to succeed.’ Excuses are the things we use to keep ourselves from reaching our full potential.” – Anonymous
13. “How pitiful is an intelligence used only to make excuses to quieten the conscience.” – Ignazio Silone
14. “Excuses and complaints are signs of a dreamless life.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
15. “Success occurs when your dreams get bigger than your excuses.” – Anonymous
Motivational Excuse Quotes to Encourage You to Take Action and Achieve Your Goals
16. “Excuses are the nails used to build the house of failure.” – Jim Rohn
17. “Do not limit yourself by finding an excuse—only limit yourself by refusing to have an excuse.” – Catherine Pulsifer
18. “Don’t use the past as an excuse to miss out on your future.” – Alan Cohen
19. “Winning becomes addicted to you when you destroy all the excuses of giving up.” – Hiral Nagda
20. “Don’t make excuses. Make things happen. Make changes. Then make history.” – Doug Hall
21. “Excuses are lies wrapped up in reasons.” – Howard Wright
22. “You can have excuses, or you can have success—you can’t have both.” – Jen Sincero
23. “Let’s not use obstacles as excuses for not achieving our dreams, use them as signs that the dream is worth it.” – Steven Aitchison
24. “To rush into explanations is always a sign of weakness.” – Agatha Christie
25. “The ones who find happiness are the ones who don’t make excuses. If it’s broken, they fix it; if it’s wrong, they make it right.” – Anonymous
26. “However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” – Marilu Henner
27. “I do not believe in excuses. I believe in hard work as the prime solvent of life’s problems.” – James Cash Penney
28. “You can find excuses for anything, or you can find solutions and work towards them, which in the end will bring happiness.” – Byron Pulsifer
29. “Excuses will always be there for you, opportunity won’t.” – Anonymous
30. “Excuses are lies we tell ourselves so that it doesn’t have to be our fault.” – Anonymous
#quotessharing #excusequotes #quotesaboutexcuses #bestexcusesquotes
Thought-Provoking Excuse Quotes to Motivate You to Find a Solution
31. “For every excuse there is a solution.” – Matt Kepnes
32. “It is easier to move from failure to success than from excuses to success.” – John C. Maxwell
33. “An excuse is nothing more than a self-imposed roadblock.” – C.C. Chapman
34. “I refuse to allow the excuses in my mind to grow into giants that keep me from living up to my full potential.” – Shaun King
35. “If it’s important you’ll find a way. If it’s not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
36. “If you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses.” – Bruce Nauman
Quotes About the Dangers of Making Excuses
37. “Your excuses are just the lies your fears have sold you.” – Robin Sharma
38. “Once an excuse has been deployed, brutal honesty is no longer an option.” – Linda Berdoll
39. “One excuse could destroy a multitude of chances.” – Anthony Liccione
40. “Small, minded people rarely have ideas, just a litany of excuses and complaints.” – RJ Intindola
41. “An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie—for an excuse is a lie guarded.” – Alexander Pope
42. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit the same mistake again they just apologized for.” – Amit Kalantri
43. “The trouble with excuses, however, is that they become inevitably difficult to believe after they’ve been used a couple of times.” – Scott Spencer
44. “And oftentimes excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.” – William Shakespeare
Excuse Quotes to Help You Embrace Responsibility and Take Control of Your Life
45. “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.” – Anonymous
46. “Excuses are made by the power of weakness. Their purpose is merely a wish you have—you wish they would demolish your guilt and regret.” – Noha Alaa El-Din
47. “No one ever excused his way to success.” – Dave Del Dotto
48. “I attribute my success to this—I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
49. “You can make a million excuses for why something didn’t go well, but ultimately, just fix it and get on with it. Be a solutions person.” – Emily Weiss
50. “It takes guts to realize you screwed up and to then come clean without any excuses.” – Brandon Webb
51. “Excuses are the crutches of the uncommitted.” – A. R. Bernard
52. “It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.” – George Washington
53. “What we need to understand is that once we rely on using excuses as a way out, they take a life of their own.” – Peter Lopez Jr.
54. “Excuses are a powerful thing. One excuse can negate 100 opportunities.” – Bobby Darnell
Excuse Quotes to Help You Overcome Procrastination and Achieve Success
55. “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
56. “The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other finds an excuse.” – John Templeton
57. “Make adjustments, not excuses.” – Daymond John
58. “You will find that the more successful the individual, the less inclined he is to make excuses.” – David Joseph Schwartz
59. “Luck and destiny are the excuses of the world’s failures.” – Henry Ford
60. “Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build bridges to nowhere and monuments of nothingness, and those who use them seldom specialize in anything else.” – Vernon Brundage Jr.
61. “When you are good at making excuses, it is hard to excel at anything else.” – John L. Mason
62. “The heart has its reasons, but the mind makes the excuses.” – Amit Abraham
63. “The worse enemy you can fight is the one that you are hiding behind your excuses” – Manuel Corazzari
64. “A lie is an excuse guarded.” – Jonathan Swift
65. “Some may have more talent than you, but there is no excuse for anyone working harder than you.” – Lionel Messi
Did These Quotes About Excuses Serve as a Reminder to Be Cautious When Making Them?
Making excuses can have both positive and negative consequences, and it’s important to consider the impact they have on ourselves and our relationships.
We hope that these excuse quotes can serve as a reminder to be wary of making excuses and to try to accept responsibility for our actions rather than blaming others.
Do you have any insights or thoughts on the topic of making excuses that you would like to share? If so, please leave them in the comments below.