Expectation Quotes Audio File
These expectation quotes will help you relax if you’re thinking about undertaking something but are worried about failing or not meeting your expectations.
Some people have a tendency to expect more, and it’s a natural human inclination to strive for progress. However, some people are content to wait for someone or something to change without putting up much effort to assist in the process.
Remember that until you take action, the changes will not occur. Furthermore, not everything you think may become a reality. Learn to set reasonable expectations in order to avoid disappointment.
Check out the full list of expectation quotes below for more information on the benefits and drawbacks of setting expectations.
Let’s get started!
Best Expectation Quotes to Live By
1. “Don’t blame people for disappointing you, blame yourself for expecting too much from them.” – Anonymous
2. “You become a true philanthropist only when you empty yourself to be a blessing to others without expecting anything in return.” – Topsy Gift
3. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
4. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” – Bruce Lee
5. “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” – Alexander Pope
6. “Low expectations are the key to happiness in life.” – Christopher Miller
7. “The quality of our expectations determines the quality of our action.” – A. Godin
8. “High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.” – Charles Kettering
9. “Just because it’s not what you were expecting, doesn’t mean it’s not everything you need right now.” – Paulo Coelho
10. “You get what you expect and you deserve what you tolerate.” – Mark Graban
11. “Whatever it is you’re seeking won’t come in the form you’re expecting.” – Haruki Murakami
12. “If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.” – Sylvia Plath
13. “I do know one thing about me; I don’t measure myself by others’ expectations or let others define my worth.” – Sonia Sotomayor
14. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
15. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
Deep Expectation Quotes
16. “Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.” – Brandon Sanderson
17. “Trade your expectation for appreciation and the world changes for you.” – Anthony Robbins
18. “Disappointment will come when your effort does not give you the expected return.” – Chetan Bhagat
19. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” – J.K. Rowling
20. “It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.” – Mike Huckabee
21. “Expectations may sometimes lead you to disappointments, but the anger of getting disappointment may sometimes lead you to what you expected.” – Anonymous
22. “How often we expect big things from God without preparing for big things from him.” – Beth Moore
Expectation Quotes About Love and Relationship
23. “All you need to do is help one person, expecting nothing in return. To me, that is humanitarian.” – Rihanna
24. “It’s all right to have expectations in marriage. Just remember to keep them at the feet of Jesus, not at the feet of your spouse.” – Ngina Otiende
25. “Keep your standards high, and any guy who is worth it will rise to meet them.” – Ed Westwick
26. “Being a husband or a wife, is already a huge responsibility to shoulder, without adding in the expectations.” – Norhafsah Hamid
27. “Love is always bestowed as a gift—freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved, we love to love.” – Dr. Leo Buscaglia
28. “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.” – Paulo Coelho
29. “Never get too attached to anyone, it will lead to expectations and expectations always lead to disappointments. Anticipate everything and expect nothing.” – Anonymous
30. “Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return.” – Roy Bennett
31. “Never expect anything from anyone, if you want to live a happy life.” – Rashid Jorvee
32. “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.” – Albert Einstein
33. “The good thing is that women have such high expectations of men that it inspires us to live up to them. That’s what I learned about male-female relationships.” – Neil Strauss
Expectation Quotes About Reality
34. “There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.” – Jodi Picoult
35. “Happiness is there when expectations meet reality.” – Debasish Mridha
36. “Do not expect much from humans. Expect much more from God.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
37. “Expectations don’t magically change reality. Expectations do something even more powerful. They change the way you deal with reality.” – Anonymous
38. “When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.” – Stephen Hawking
39. “Most things don’t work out as expected, but what happens instead often turns out to be the good stuff.” – Judi Dench
40. “If you want to give yourself a fair chance to succeed, never expect too much too soon.” – Po Bronson
41. “Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations.” – Sebastian Horsley
42. “Expectations should not always be taken as reality; because you never know when you will be disappointed.” – Samuel P. Huntington
43. “If you align expectations with reality, you will never be disappointed.” – Terrell Owens
44. “He was swimming in a sea of other people’s expectations. Men had drowned in seas like that.” – Robert Jordan
45. “Look. I have a strategy. Why expect anything? If you don’t expect anything, you don’t get disappointed.” – Patricia McCormick
46. “Be realistic with your expectations. I’d like to cuddle a unicorn, but it ain’t going to happen.” – India Knight
Expectation Quotes for Yourself
47. “Positive expectations are the mark of a superior personality.” – Brian Tracy
48. “You should have high expectations for yourself and others should come second.” – Florence Welch
49. “Other people may not have had high expectations for me, but I had high expectations for myself.” – Shannon Miller
50. “My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.” – Michael J. Fox
51. “Expect the unexpected. And whenever possible, be the unexpected.” – Jack Dorsey
52. “Live your life, sing your song. Not full of expectations. Not for the ovations. But for the joy of it.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
53. “I’ve always got such high expectations for myself. I’m aware of them, but I can’t relax them.” – Mary Decker
54. “I have high expectations of myself. I always have, always will. That will never waver. I always believe in my talent―always have.” – Russell Wilson
55. “I think sometimes you have high expectations for people because you have high expectations for yourself.” – Gisele Bundchen
56. “I don’t use the word ‘pressure.’ I use the word ‘expectation.’ I have very high expectations of myself. It starts with me.” – Daunte Culpepper
57. “I’m not perfect, I just do what I think is right. So if I can’t fulfill people’s expectations, I’m sorry, but it’s not my fault.” – Conchita Wurst
58. “Do I feel pressure being a young player with high expectations? Nah.” – Landon Donovan
59. “I’m not fun to bowl with. I take it way too seriously. I have high expectations for myself.” – Chris Hardwick
60. “A lot of people have high expectations. I’m just going to do the best I can.” – Deron Williams
Do You Believe It’s A Good Idea To Set An Expectation?
Setting an expectation has benefits and drawbacks that vary depending on who sets it. There’s no such thing as a bad expectation if it’s backed up with action. Expecting anything to happen without exerting any effort on your part will only lead to disappointment.
Furthermore, expecting someone to transform into someone else solely to fulfill your fantasy is not a good idea. Not only would changing someone to your liking ruin you, but it will also ruin the relationship you have with the person involved.
We hope that these expectation quotes motivate you to act on your expectations and understand that not everything you imagine is your reality.
Which of these expectation quotes resonated with you the most? Please leave your feedback in the comments area.