Mother Teresa Quotes Audio File
If you’re looking for motivation to live a fulfilled and purposeful life, then these Mother Teresa quotes are for you!
Mother Teresa was an astounding woman who gave up a comfortable life to serve the people. Her mother instilled in her this selfless act of giving and caring for the less fortunate and ailing. Mother Teresa was a nun who advocated love and compassion. She led by example, and her deeds reverberated to millions worldwide.
These Mother Teresa quotes are selected for you to get a sense of her thoughts and deeds that have earned her respect and admiration.
Read this list of Mother Teresa quotes to find out more about her. You will understand the driving force that motivated her to do the seemingly impossible deeds.
Start reading here.
Best Mother Teresa Quotes That Encourage Selfless Deeds
1. “Peace begins with a smile.”
2. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
3. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
4. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
5. “When you don’t have anything, then you have everything.”
6. “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
7. “I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.”
8. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.”
9. “Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure as long as you have done your best.”
10. “God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.”
Inspirational Mother Teresa Quotes to Help You Achieve Your Goals
11. “The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others.”
12. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
13. “What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; build it anyway.”
14. “Yesterday is gone and tomorrow has not yet come; we must live each day as if it were our last so that when God calls us we already, and prepared, to die with a clean heart.”
15. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
Mother Teresa Quotes that Teach People to Love One Another
16. “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.”
17. “If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive.”
18. “Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.”
19. “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
20. “Whenever you share the love with others, you’ll notice the peace that comes to you and them.”
21. “Love can not remain by itself—it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that action is service.”
22. “True love is love that causes us pain, that hurts, and yet brings us joy. That is why we must pray to God and ask Him to give us the courage to love.”
Mother Teresa Quotes to Think About
23. “We must never be afraid to be a sign of contradiction for the world.”
24. “Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.”
25. “Live simply so others may simply live.”
26. “We are not called to be successful, but faithful.”
27. “Poverty was not created by God. It is we who have caused it, you and I through our egotism.”
28. “We fear the future because we are wasting today.”
29. “Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love but to use violence to get what they want.”
30. “The greatest mistake is to think you are too strong to fall into temptation. Put your finger in the fire and it will burn. So we have to go through the fire.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Showing Kindness and Service to Others
31. “A life not lived for others is not a life.”
32. “The fruit of love is service, which is compassion in action.”
33. “The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.”
34. “I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness.”
35. “Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.”
36. “It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.”
#quotessharing #beyourselfquotes #beyourself #quotes
Mother Teresa Quotes on Prioritizing and Loving Your Family
37. “The way you help heal the world is you start with your own family.”
38. “Love begins by taking care of the closest ones—the ones at home.”
39. “We must make our homes centers of compassion and forgive endlessly.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Giving and Helping Others
40. “Give, but give until it hurts.”
41. “We cannot give what we have not got.”
42. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
43. “The less we have, the more we give. Seems absurd, but it’s the logic of love.”
44. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.”
45. “If we worry too much about ourselves, we won’t have time for others.”
Mother Teresa Quotes for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
46. “Some people come into our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.”
47. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
48. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
49. “Profound joy of the heart is like a magnet that indicates the path of life.”
50. “Joy is prayer; joy is strength: joy is love; joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”
51. “One filled with the joy preaches without preaching.”
Quotes by Mother Teresa on Having a Strong Faith in God
52. “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.”
53. “God is everywhere and in everything and without Him we cannot exist.”
54. “Jesus said to love one another. He didn’t say ‘love the whole world.’”
55. “It is only when you realize your nothingness, your emptiness, that God can fill you with Himself.”
56. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.”
57. “Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God—the rest will be given.”
Meaningful Mother Teresa Quotes on World Peace
58. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”
59. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
60. “We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.”
How Can a Simple Act of Kindness Make a Difference?
Mother Teresa emphasized the importance of simple acts of kindness, such as smiling, lending a helping hand to those in need, and loving your family. According to her, the world will be a better place to live in, and peace will be achievable if people become nicer and more respectful to each other, regardless of their differences.
Indeed, if we wish to make a difference in this cruel world, we must begin with ourselves. Let the love in our hearts manifests into action.
You are welcome to share these Mother Teresa quotes with others to inspire and make them smile.
Which of these Mother Teresa quotes can still be seen today? Is it wise to make a sacrifice for the greater good? Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
If you like these quotes, you’ll love our Buddha quotes for a more prosperous life.