Sad Quotes About Life and Love Audio File
Discover a compilation of sad quotes about life and love that will assist you in your healing journey. Whether you’re dealing with a broken heart or seeking closure, these sad quotes will help you move forward.
No relationship is perfect; every couple must pass a series of tests to prove their genuine love for one another. Some couples may or may not survive the test that causes them to be frustrated with each other.
It goes without saying that everything in love must be proven in order to stay and keep the love alive. Furthermore, love necessitates numerous sacrifices, which can be depressing at times. That is why we compiled this collection of sad quotes about life and love to help you get over your sadness and eventually make you believe in love again.
See the full list below to stay inspired.
Also, don’t forget to look through our collection of deep love quotes.
Best Sad Quotes About Life and Love to Alleviate Pain
1. “Sad things happen. They do. But we don’t need to live sad forever.” – Mattie Stepanek
2. “Missing someone special to you brings tears to your eyes, but remembering all the good times you had brings a smile to your face.” – Nishan Panwar
3. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
4. “I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” – Sara Evans
5. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
6. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.” – Sara Teasdale
7. “I understand that if you have never suffered a broken heart, then you have never really known what it is to truly be alive.” – Patti Roberts
8. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” – Ella Harper
9. “Don’t let the scars on your heart define the way you love.” – Laura Chouette
10. “It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” – Samuel Butler
11. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” – Faraaz Kazi
12. “First, accept sadness. Realize that without losing, winning isn’t so great.” – Alyssa Milano
13. “Love isn’t there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure.” – Hermann Hesse
14. “If we must part forever, give me but one kind word to think upon, and please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.” – Thomas Otway
15. “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” – José N. Harris
Inspirational Sad Quotes About Life and Love to Renew Your Faith in Love
16. “He taught me how to love, but not how to stop.” – Anonymous
17. “You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
18. “Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable.” – Nicholas Sparks
19. “I’d rather love a million times and have my heart broken every time, than hold a permanently empty heart forever.” – H.C. Paye
20. “There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not.” – La Rochefoucauld
21. “He was acting like our kiss had broken him, and his reaction was breaking me.” – Shannon A. Thompson
22. “I’ll love you even when I can’t. I’ll love you even when I shouldn’t.” – Colleen Hoover
23. “Since I can’t be with you right now I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again.” – Susan Polis Schutz
24. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
25. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
26. “I wore your promise on my finger for one year. I’ll wear your name on my heart till I die. Because you were my boy, you were my only boy forever.” – Coco J. Ginger
Thought-provoking Sad Quotes About Life and Love
27. Love lies in those unsent drafts in your mailbox. Sometimes you wonder whether things would have been different if you’d clicked ‘SEND.’” – Faraaz Kazi
28. “The worst feeling is not being lonely. It’s when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you and you have to pretend you don’t mind at all.” – Nishan Panwar
29. “Sometimes temporary feels like a blessing in a world where love only lasts a second.” – Laura Chouette
30. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” – Miguel de Unamuno
31. “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.” – Jim Rohn
32. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” – Stephen R. Covey
33. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
34. “When you think you’re first falling in love, just then you realize you’re falling out of love.” – David Grayson
35. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
36. “Sometimes you don’t realize how much you care for someone until they stop caring for you.” – Anonymous
Sad Quotes on Life and Love Following a Breakup
37. “There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
38. “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.” – Henry Rollins
39. “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?” – Faraaz Kazi
40. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you, then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go.” – Aubrey Drake Graham
41. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
42. “I cannot eat, I cannot drink; the pleasures of youth and love are fled away: there was a good time once, but now that is gone, and life is no longer life.” – Plato
43. “Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially it lightens up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurts you. Finally it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the—BURN!” – Syed Arshad
44. “Your absence has gone through me. Like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color.” – W.S. Merwin
45. “Hearts are breakable. Even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.” – Cassandra Clare
46. “I felt her absence. It was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone.” – James Dashner
Heart-wrenching Sad Quotes About Life and Love
47. “Just let me keep the last piece of my heart before you tear it all apart.” – Lykke Li
48. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
49. “Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.” – Leonardo da Vinci
50. “The worst feeling in the world is knowing you’ve done everything you can to show someone you love them, and yet they still choose someone else over you.” – Bernajoy Vaal
51. “You make me feel like a firefly. Trapped in a belljar; starved for love.” – Ayushee Ghoshal
52. “I wish I could give you my pain just for one moment so you can understand how much you hurt me.” – Mohsen El-guindy
53. “You ruin your love because you don’t think you deserve anything good.” – Warsan Shire
54. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” – Henny Youngman
55. “Nothing is worse than when someone who’s supposed to love you just leaves.” – Ava Dellaira
56. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.” – Richard Puz
57. “For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.’” – John Greenleaf Whittier
58. “And in the end, I said you would love me. We’re in the end and there’s only one of us here.” – Dominic Riccitello
59. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
60. “A million words would not bring you back, I know because I tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried.” – Anonymous
Did these Sad Quotes About Life and Love Encourage you to Believe in Love Despite Heartbreak?
One of the consequences of falling in love is sadness. You will experience sadness at some point in your life, no matter how perfect your love is.
However, you should not be concerned because your sadness will strengthen your relationship and help you grow as a person. Furthermore, the pain you felt during this period will teach you lessons to have a better relationship next time.
Always remember that if the love is genuine, it will find its way to you.
With that in mind, we hope that these sad love quotes inspire you to keep going in life despite your heartbreaks.